Thursday, March 20, 2014

When Is Enough, Enough?

Daily Draw: Durer Tarot ~ 10 of Coins

People are living incredibly long lives now, I wonder at what point a person feels safe resting on their laurels? I can say I have everything I need all day long, but eventually shoes and vehicles wear out, house maintenance will certainly occur, the economy will tank, more...

I'm reminded by this card of the saying, plan like you are going to live forever, and live like today is your last.  Not sure I buy that either, I've only heard it from live people, not anyone dead.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to every one, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone." ~ Andy Rooney 1919-2011

1 comment:

  1. Hard to draw the line between paranoia and smart security sometimes. Byron Katie's questions sometimes help me:
    1) Is it true?
    2) Can you absolutely know that it's true? (no assumptions, just facts)
    3) How do you react, what happens, when you believe that thought?
    4) Who would you be without the thought?

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn