Monday, April 14, 2014

I'll Take The Bus

Daily Draw: Enchanted Tarot ~ Chariot

Brunhilde has aggressively fought to reach her goals and rides in triumph. But triumph is always brief even though it is hard to believe in the glory of the moment.

I'm reminded of today's crop; the rich and/or famous because they are good, because they are bad, famous for being famous, or suddenly dead. Are the Vegas stages and daytime talk shows plentiful enough to host them all when time moves on and new faces are triumphant? When is the last time we saw Beaver Cleaver, Rosie O'Donnell, or Mary Tyler Moore, George Bush? Time moves on, taking us with it, but that Chariot ride is just a quick trip around the park for mortals, don't forget to celebrate. I'll take the bus, the ride lasts longer, all the more to savor what has turned out right.

"There are many who find a good alibi more attractive than an achievement, for an achievement does not settle anything permanently. When we have a valid alibi for not achieving anything we are fixed, so to speak, for life." ~ Eric Hoffer 1902-1983

2 comments:

  1. I suppose taking the bus is less stressful than riding a chariot with two galloping horses.
    I know what I would choose :D

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn