Friday, April 11, 2014

The Moat Is Filling

Daily Draw: Elemental Tarot ~ 4 of Cups

Ahh, she seems serene and confident within her moat. But we can see the water rising and so does her little-me.

Mother took another step into dementia's maw yesterday evening and while she took it calmly at the moment she spent the next 12 hours in emotional and physical uproar. I'm reminded by this card dealing with dementia is a hands on close up situation, but it also requires mentally stepping back for a good over-view to see if something actually triggered the step or if it will be a true slide.

"He who would be serene and pure needs but on thing, detachment" ~ Meister Eckhart

2 comments:

  1. O my dear.What a night that must have been for you all .I do hope it is a one time thing
    This quote is so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that card really is a good depiction of patient and caregiver. Hope you have all the strength and patience you need to get through this journey with your mom, my friend. Hugs to both of you.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn