Friday, April 4, 2014

Vise-Versa

Daily Draw: Da Vinci Enigma Tarot ~ Hermit

Dimmi:
What light shines in the darkness and solitude?
What shadows does it reveal?

Da Vinci retired to France three years before his death to the delight of King Francis who visited him often, usually bringing guests. Da Vinci was notably taciturn.

I'm reminded by this card we need darkness and solitude to recognize light and pleasurable company. And vise-versa.

"The dead keep their secrets, and in a while we shall be as wise as they, and as taciturn". ~ Alexander Smith 1879-1940


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the word "taciturn"
    Sometimes I wish solitude wasn't that alluring
    P.S. Who is Dimmi?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to look up the spelling myself. Most of the words I know come from being a bookworm, but a lot of them I've never heard spoken.
    Dimmi is 'tell me' in Italian I imagine, Da Vinci asked each fresh pen nib he used to 'dimmi'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have completely enabled me on this deck; even if I don't use it as tarot, it could easily be used as an oracle. I love the "Dimmi" questions. :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn