Friday, May 23, 2014

Timey Timelessness

Daily Draw:
Henny's Tarot and Oracle of Eggs-Pression

Judgment: Gift: Rebirth
                  Challenge: Hesitation
Do I believe in rebirth? I've seen it, often the result of ennui or a brush with death, followed by epiphany, followed by a new way of life.   Massive weight loss, maintained, is a good example. Sudden conversion of faith is another. Ex-smokers are often reborn, it is almost the only way to get off nicotine.
The Hesitation? Change is hard, often uncomfortable. We love our nests of routine we humans do.

Ouroboros:  Self-sufficient  Perpetuate  Timeless
What seems old-timey to you? I think of 1890-1910. Shirts with paper collars, slim dresses to the ground, everyone in hats, horse and early car in uncomfortable tandem. Industrial revolution about to change everything. I expect for someone in their 20's today, a movie from the 1960's inspires the same 'wow, old fashioned!' feeling. A time to be unearthed, inspected, judged..and so the circle goes.

"There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition." ~ Rod Sterling 1924-1976

2 comments:

  1. "our nests of routine" - what a perfect description. I have to sit on a lot of uncomfortable burrs before I get out of mine usually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the rebirth idea Just as snake shedding their old skins we seem different yet still the same
    I had the time talk recently with my eldest. What I perceive as only "yesterday" is for her outdated and old-fashioned. When did I get so old?

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn