Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Cupid Made Me Do It

Daily Draw: Lover's Path Tarot ~ Knight of Swords

Our Cupid is a mixed bag of personalities, depending on how old the reading source is. Through them all remains the irresistibility of his will via the arrow.

I'm reminded by this card of addictions, habits, responsibilities, and consequences. I've accepted that truth and I think I've broken the back of my particular addictions, only iron will keeps them broken because the desire is still there years and decades later. Habits can be easier to break but just as destructive until we recognize the results for what they are. Being alive means being ever vigilant doesn't it? But oh that flutter of anticipation, that sigh of pleasure...that quick need for another...

"Just because you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town." ~ George Carlin 1937-2008

2 comments:

  1. I've quit smoking more then a year ago and still there are moments I want a cigarette so badly. Even writing about it seems to trigger my desire. "Ever vigilant" like a nine of wands!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn