Sunday, June 15, 2014

How Goofy Is That?

Daily Draw: Lover's Path Tarot ~ 7 of Coins

Waiting for the harvest, are we pleased with how we've nurtured our tree?

I'm reminded by this card I sent six quilt tops out to be quilted this spring. Four are back, two are on the bed. I do complicated quilts very slowly. I don't need more quilts, any more than Monet needed another picture. I quilt because needle thread cloth makes me happy to the core. There is always some area in which to push myself. Machine quilting them myself is next on the list. I used to do it all the time in the 80's until the books came out saying how difficult it was...so I quit doing it. How goofy is that?

"Age wrinkles the body; quitting wrinkles the soul." ~ Douglas MacArthur 1880-1964

The Lover's Path Tarot published by US Games Systems 2004. Art and 162 page book by Kris Waldherr. The card art represents love stories from history, myth, and folktales. This is the most beautifully cased set I own, I know of no other US Games deck that was presented this way. Sumptuous.

1 comment:

  1. What a great quote!!!
    I've done some "goofy" things myself along the way, But somehow whatever we have quit, will catch up with us again. You have a great machine now!!!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn