Monday, June 2, 2014

Uninspired Lifestyle

Daily Draw: Legend the Arthurian Tarot ~ 4 of Cups

The uninspired lifestyle. I have a newspaper with quite the eloquent editorial about the current young generation, all going to heck in a handcart, won't work, all they want to do is lay around, want everything handed to them on a plate...

I'm reminded by this card, that was a 1918 paper, and the article was a reprint from 1887. Humans stopped evolving eons ago.

"Most species do their own evolving, making it up as they go along, which is the way Nature intended. And this is all part of the cycles of the cosmos, which believes there's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fiber and in some cases, backbone." ~ Terry Pratchett 1948-

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha!! I guess the older generation (Including myself) really thinks things were better when they were young :D

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn