Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Who Asked Me?

Daily Draw: Legend the Arthurian Tarot ~ Knight of Swords

A valiant champion of human rights.
What a particularly thankless job.

I'm reminded by this card if we did what we do for thanks we've sincerely chosen the wrong path. I attended a support meeting yesterday. What I expected was a mass bitchfest, but there was a good facilitator and I think a number of the first timers were truly helped with tools and ideas. And equally horrified by  just how bad it will get before someone with dementia dies. I was so drained just listening to the stories, if I were this knight I'd have had to been drug by the horse rather than mounting it.  But it brings up the question I should ask myself every day. "Who asked me to do this?"  No one.

"I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." ~ Popeye the Sailor 1929-

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully the "stories" will turn into humor and ways to cope.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn