Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Better Faster

Daily Draw: Blum Rune Cards ~ Ansuz

There was a time, the year I studied runes, I could have read this envelope. I could have written your name and my name. I wonder where all that knowledge goes when we forget.

I'm reminded by this card I wonder why it is humans can only seem to get up to about 10% of their learning capacity? We can see the results of adding our innate stupidity and love for damaging our neighbor to greater knowledge on how to do it better, faster.

"Here I am; my brain is open." ~ Paul Erdos 1913-1996
As an itinerant scholar, this was the greeting Erdos often gave when meeting a colleague.

4 comments:

  1. And what a pity it is we are unknowingly filling it with so much crap. Like the tune of toothpaste commercial from 30 years back.
    I am proud to say I still can write my own name in runes (just tried it LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really liking this deck of cards! Thank you for using them this week. I started looking for it online and it seems to be way out of print and/or just not available. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am convinced what I learn leaks out my ear when I sleep. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon, I put some information in the comments section for the first card I posted.
    It took me a long time to find but the hunt is part of the fun.
    You might try Amazon.de or ebay.de
    If you use Chrome browser it will translate for you. Good luck!

    Thank you all for stopping by. I'm worrying about my pillow now...is it full of Sharyn's lost knowledge?

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn