Thursday, July 31, 2014

Hate Or Hone

Daily Draw: Mythic Tarot ~ 4 of Coins

Daedalus is overcome by jealousy; his work, while perfectly adequate, is no match for the creative genius of his nephew Talos.

I'm reminded by this card everything we have, everything we do, is outdone at some point by someone more gifted. How we deal with this fact of life is our gift to our self. We can quit, hate, or hone.

"Talos fell, twisting and turning like a starfish. He fell so slowly through the air, it seemed to Daedalus he was falling forever, that he was never going to land. Then the ground came to meet Talos."

2 comments:

  1. Today's winners are tomorrow's losers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember how difficult it was for me to realize my brother could do everything better than me. I forgot he was two year older :D

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn