Monday, July 21, 2014

I Wonder

Daily Draw: Native American Tarot ~ 9 of Cups

Did you know birds can see ultraviolet? It is part of finding that perfect mate and aids in food finding. In many species where male and female are very similar they will have specific ultraviolet markings attractive to the opposite sex.

I'm reminded by this card to wonder, as I often do, why Rob chose me in the garden of love.

"Like ultraviolet rays, memory shows to each man a script that invisibly glosses the text." ~ Walter Benjamin 1892-1940

5 comments:

  1. I consider myself a "birder" and I had no clue about the ultraviolet sight. Cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I look at this card I guess because you complement eachother perfectly ???? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. If opposites attract Ellen, then you are right. Now we mirror each other.

    Bev, I only discovered it because the LWB blurb seemed utter nonsense, so I looked it up to see if it was true.
    Utter nonsense... but I so love Tisselli's art for this deck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This illustration is beautiful. I agree about the artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is absolutely stunning! And it does add an interesting perspective on true love. I'm reminded of the expression, you are my sun and moon... :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn