Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Born Every Minute

Daily Draw: Mythic Tarot ~ Fool

This deck has been in continuous print since 1986 and according to the publisher Simon and Schuster, millions have been printed in that time. A few years ago the deck was reissued with a new artist. Same illustrations, just professionally arted  up.

I'm reminded by this card completed listings on Ebay are showing sold listings ended as high as 99.00-144.00 for this deck set in the last two weeks. They are (fools) born every minute.

"What if everything is an illusion and nothing exists? In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet." ~ Woody Allen 1935-

3 comments:

  1. Can innocence and common sense exist together? Gotta love those Ebay and Amazon Marketplace sellers; they do know how to make something worth pennies seem like it should be worth hundreds of dollars. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not convinced any of those wild Amazon prices bring any sales, but there isn't any way to check past sales there. On ebay we can track fool-ishness , Or perhaps it is only fool-ishness in my mind. Something else that is none of my business :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "arted up" I don't like this new version and I am happy with my second hand original edtion, which I've bought for only 10 euro's on our Dutch online thrift store :D

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn