Tuesday, July 22, 2014

They Took The Children

Daily Draw: Native American Tarot ~ Hierophant

Here in the Pacific Northwest, what the white man did to the native residents was far worse than the slaughters for land in the East and Midwest. They took the children.
They took them forcibly,  put them in schools far away, took their names and language away from them, tried to erase their very remembered heritage.

Enlightened white men. What can I say? I can only grieve for a past I cannot change.

"Enlightened people seldom possess a sense of responsibility." ~ George Orwell 1903-1950

3 comments:

  1. "enlightened white man" - is that an oxymoron? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The very thought, "take the children", how it makes my mother's soul shudder!

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn