Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Abstinence

Daily Draw: Tarot of the Origins ~ Hermit

Abstinence.

I don't drink liquor and sodas. If I'm going to have a wad of calories I want to chew them.
I've just come off 13 years of no-buy quilting fabric. I'm agog at all the new colors and designs. So excited to start my next quilt. New Fabric!
This is Rob's last day at work, retirement starts tomorrow. I'm afraid there will be no abstinence from work, I have a honey-do list 10 miles long.
Abstinence is a bit of a good thing...it feels so good to stop.

"Abstinence is easier than temperance." ~ Seneca 4 BC-65 AD

3 comments:

  1. I wish you a long time of enjoyment, freedom and being together!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo hoo! Please send my best wishes to your Rob. :) I'm happy for both of you.
    Hope you'll post some pics of your new fabric and quilt project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, that Seneca quote is a bitter pill. Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn