Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Megalithic Circles

Daily Draw: Tarot of the Origins ~ World

All the technology in the world won't make one of these today.
And we wouldn't anyway, nice as the idea is. Finding enough laborers with green cards would be a problem.
Chance of making it out of consulting agencies hands? Nil. Let go of a cash cow until they'd milked it dry? Never.
Getting building permits and travel permits for the stones would be insurmountable. Parish and county and states and countries working together for a stone structure no architect could claim?

I'm reminded by this card how little we've advanced since the world went dark the last time. And me? I haven't so much as put a scratch in a stone to show my passing. I can live with that actually, I'm not proud to be part of this particular rendition of humans.

"I don't know how man will fight World War III, but I do know how they will fight World War IV. With sticks and stones." ~ Albert Einstein 1879-1955

1 comment:

  1. Ha, this "leaving your mark on the world" thing, I just don't know. Is it even a good thing? Hubris and ego. Is there really anything better than living a good life, enjoying things that you do, loving and being loved? Might not leave a trace in the grand scheme, but then how much of what we humans do does? And how much of that is any good to the world?

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn