Sunday, August 17, 2014

Mental Evolution

Daily Draw: Tarot of the Origins ~ Knight of Wands

Our evolutionary path. Really, that is what this blog is all about. Thought triggers that will remind me not to slip back or make me smarter or stronger or in some way better than I was the day before.

I'm reminded by this card, most days I'm on my knees pushing a pea up a mountain. But once in a great while an epiphany strikes and sets me free to leap forward. It isn't ever as sudden as that, it's little crumbs from years, finally achieving brain evolution, but when cohesion happens, my small brain achieves giant status for a bit. Pure Joy.

"If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we couldn't." ~ Emerson M. Pugh 1929-

The deck this week is Lo Scarabeo, Tarot of the Origins 2000, long out of print, raw and primitive, art by Sergio Toppi (1933-2012). Suits are:
Wands, green/nature
Swords, red/blood
Cups, blue/soul
Coins, yellow/jewels

2 comments:

  1. Mostly my journey is two steps forward on step back. I like the pea pushing :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I wonder if the apes aren't smarter about some things than humans. :) We just make stuff so difficult when it could be so simple. Love your post and wordsmithing today.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn