Sunday, August 31, 2014

Why Did The Chicken Cross The Web?

Daily Draw: Sacred Sites Tarot ~ Wheel

      To get to the other site.
I often think of the internet as a big wheel. I've laughed at the advert that shows a black screen and these words. "The end. Begin again." As if that would ever happen. The dictionary has probably doubled in size with the rapid absorption of computereze. I've met people I'd never have imagined knowing pre-computer. Good people who enrich my life. I've learned things I couldn't possibly have known pre-computer.

I'm reminded by this card I've been online since 1996. Eighteen years.
I'm a better person because of it. I've learned to limit my tech time to two hours a day. Because we all know, there isn't any The End, the Wheel goes on and on.

 - How do trees get on the Internet?
      They log in.

 - What do computers like to eat?
      Chips.

 - What is a computer's first sign of old age?
      Loss of memory.

This week's deck is Sacred Sites Tarot by Lo Scarabeo, 2012, art and words, Federico Penco/Massimiliano Filadoro.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha we loved the jokes!!
    Good for you to be able to limit your online time. That is something I still have to work on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel as if I have made some dear friends through the internet (you included); there is something to be said for being able to ask for ideas or lend encouragement across the country or around the world with just the stroke of a key. :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn