Saturday, September 13, 2014

Destiny Chosen

Daily Draw: Llewellyn Tarot ~ Wheel

Is/was it destiny, or a curse, when a parent determines what a child will be?

In this country I wonder what the percentage is of children who join and run a family business vs. choose another field entirely vs. choosing to be rich bums? The ones we hear about in this apparently famous for being a famous mad country are the rich bums. All choices might be a poorly fitting wheel for a few years.

"The job is not the work." ~ Seth Godin 1960-   Linchpin:Are You Indispensable?

1 comment:

  1. My husband took over the family business when he was young because of a serious illness that left his father disabled. His mother had to care for his father, so he took over the store. I know he would have never chosen that for himself, but at the time he felt he had a duty to his parents. I often wonder what he would have chosen if he hadn't had that obligation.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn