Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Playful

Daily Draw: Shining Tribe Tarot ~ Wheel

Pollack sees the wheel as the first half of life going up the Wheel and the second half as going down.  ?? That seems to indicate you know how long you'll live. Or that there is a real wheel somewhere that knows how long you'll live.

I'm reminded by this card I was a bit taken back when I turned sixty, felt I was at that point middled aged, then realized if sixty was the middle it meant I'd live to be one hundred twenty. So middle was way back when I thought I was young. The little secret no one young believes is our mind stays young, playful, silly, hopeful clear to the end.

"The secret of life is to carry the spirit of the child into old age, which means never losing your enthusiasm." ~ Aldous Huxley 1894-1963

8 comments:

  1. The older I get, the older the definition of middle age gets. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that secret and I will keep paying attention to my playfulness and curiosity as to keep young at heart!
    Sometimes I am surprised by my body that it isn't as flexible and strong as when I was 25

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in better shape now than I was at 40. Course then I was smoking 2+ packs of cigarettes a day. I finally quit because I was too damn old to be sitting on the curb smoking. You can't smoke anywhere here in public unless you are at least 25 feet from a building.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine how wonderful this must have been; to have beaten this addiction. For me it is more than a year now since I've quite smoking and I feel so free because of this!

      Delete
  4. Hi Sharyn! Interesting post to think about :) I think we stay young, with open minded to the new, being young in a dreaming heart, with new projects in mind, making things and learning new things to enrich our souls. And of course caring our body too. Excellent for you that gave up smoking, I couldn't yet. A kiss and Muchas Estrellas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how it could ever be easy. That was in 1996?ish. I still want a cigarette today, and the heavier the stress the more I want one. It can't be the addiction still poking me, I think it was the feeling that when I lit a cigarette I was buying myself a few minutes to think...
      I was a habitual smoker. Couldn't get behind the wheel of a car, or pick up the phone, or sit down to a cup of coffee without a cigarette. But I could go 5 or 6 hours after I got out of bed before I wanted one...but once that one, then it was the rest of the pack and then the next one :)

      So to quit I did it on a weeks vacation when I was out of the state, I mean not home where the habits played out every day. And I did use the nicorette gum. Try it again lovey, every day you don't smoke buys you another day of life.

      Delete
  5. Lovely post! Reminds me of the Sun card from the Osho Zen Tarot, showing a laughing old man instead of a child :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn