Monday, September 22, 2014

Working Wall

Daily Draw: Merryday Tarot ~ King of Cups/Autumn

Our subconscious. Always in there working working while on top we think we already know it all.

I'm reminded by this card of the "working wall" of my mind. It is a quilter's term for a flannel wall where our projects take shape, often multiple versions, before we start sewing components together. My mind is just like that. If I have a knotty problem, I just stick in on my mental working wall and pretty soon I have three or four solutions or alternatives. Cool!

"I just kind of conjured them up out of my subconscious and put them in order of ascending peculiarity." ~ Edward Gorey 1925-2000

1 comment:

  1. Love the concept of a "working wall" where you can actually see alternatives. I learn so much from your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn