Saturday, October 18, 2014

Couldn't Possibly Be

Daily Draw: Roots of Asia Tarot ~ 5 of Wands

Struggle against. Don't we just.

As I tear across America to see my friend Kreth there is no doubt what I'm doing. Denial that she is racing down the same maw that took my little sister.  In many respects I think denial is the one defining descriptor for cancer. It is also the first stage of grief.

"It is the denial of death that is partially responsible for people living empty, purposeless lives; for when you live as if you'll live forever, it becomes too easy to postpone the things you know that you must do." ~ Elizabeth Kubler Ross


4 comments:

  1. I am grateful that Norman Fischer taught me that compassion is not doing nice things, but being willing to sit with another person's pain. To do this, I have to battle myself because it is not my natural response. Gentle hugs to you and your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denial.... if I don't deny my mortality to some level I would be focusing too much on death.afraid when it is going to be my turn.and I would have to leave my girls behind
    I do hope you and your friend can spend some precious timer together
    Hugs and take care of yourself

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth Kubler Ross is one of my favorite authors.I have, or have read all of her books. A very wise woman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice is the last descriptor I'd ever use for me, but I can be thoughtful...
    Ogallala Nebraska tonight. Beautiful state, at least this time of year. Wyoming didn't get Lady Bird Johnson's memo about billboards. Saw some gorgeous stones, pink granite I think, but HimSelf seems to go deaf when I shout ROCKS... :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn