Monday, October 20, 2014

Headstone Insignia

Daily Draw: Roots of Asia Tarot ~ Death

One of the blessings of being a human, having ego, we seldom see all our own faults. I don't think we could live with full sight....

I'm reminded by this card not only of personal eclectictivities but those regional and national.  I'm in mid-Missouri today and seeing signs campaigning to be able to use the Confederate flag in Southern cemeteries holding Civil War veterans. No problemo here. Also support the pagan insignia on veteran's headstones which was recently approved after a long campaign. After all, who can the dead harm, what do the dead have left? Absolutely nothing but a grave and headstone.

I suppose there are those who think my spool of thread and threaded needle as anti-reverent and even sinful. I don't believe in heaven and hell, only the now, and fabric and thread make me happy. So does our gravestone.

"That's All Folks!"
The Man of a Thousand Voices Mel Blanc 1908-1982 Hollywood Memorial Park; Hollywood, California

3 comments:

  1. This is the first time I've seen a gravestone for someone who isn't dead yet. I learned something new every day
    It is certainly very personal with the spool and the needle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the personal touches on the stone. :) I'm planning on being cremated, so my daughter can get some stickers and decorate a canning jar I suppose...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought stones for all us kids when my sister was so sick. Far as I know all four of us are crematees.
    They flank my folk's stone. We put Rob's dad on our stone and have his ashes at home. His mom couldn't even be bothered to buy a urn. He came to us in a cardboard box. We'll all be here eventually.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn