Friday, October 24, 2014

Precarious

Daily Draw: Roots of Asia Tarot ~ 2 of Wands

This figure is in a bit of a pickle. Is the figure on the left lending him a hand and another balancing tool or just the opposite? The central character is not only standing on the head of tiger, he is also poised on the windy ridge of a mountain at the top of a long valley.

I'm reminded by this card of how creative many of us need to be with filling our need for tools and resources vs. financial common sense. We can't make beautiful quilts or glorious paintings or astounding sculptures without base materials. But at what point does that requirement become an obsession of getting, far beyond needing? Coins and Wands often have an uncomfortable relationship requiring balance.

"The good we secure for ourselves is precarious and uncertain until it is secured for all of us and incorporated into our common life." ~ Jane Addams 1860-1935

2 comments:

  1. That's what I like about the Amazon cart. I can stick something in it that I think I must have. But then I leave it there for a couple of weeks or a month, then come back for another look. Usually I come to the conclusion that I don't really need or want it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree we do need some basics for our creative projects. But I guess you can also find beautiful pieces of fabric in thrift stores and secondhand clothing stores
    My paint cost less then two euro's for 250 ml in a kind of dollar store. I am rather frugal (have to be) and I like to hunt for bargains

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn