Sunday, November 30, 2014

Mental Truant

Daily Draw: Thousand and One Nights Tarot - 8 of Coins

I'm at a loss with this card beyond apprentice and teacher. Is the instructor bored, is that why he has a thick book? What I do find interesting is the view through the dutch door. What is going on back there? Or it is out there? Is the foreground outside rather than inside a smithy? Is that the alleyway and then another room or is there someone riding a burro in the house? Is there a party going on? That looks like celebration streamers. Is that laundry hanging or shop goods?

I'm reminded by this card how I get by when taking instruction I do not find useful.

"The library, on the other hand, has no biases. The information is all there for you to interpret. You don’t have someone telling you what to think. You discover it for yourself." ~ Ray Bradbury 1920-2012

3 comments:

  1. This looks a lot like me when I was a kid and watching the birds and the leafs in the wind while our teacher was trying to teach us math :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forget the fluff and get to the point! (How I feel when "teachers" drone on and on). :D

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn