Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Nothing Good Comes Of Loving Hate

Daily Draw: Lojong for the Layperson ~ Slogan 38

Slogan 38, taking perverse pleasure in the misfortunes of others, dismayed when good things happen to others. (crushed crape myrtle blossom)

I'm reminded by this card that with the exception of my mother in law, my love for my in-laws has come to the opposite pole. I'm sorry it has come to this but I'm no longer bothered by it. I'm long past the pain, long past the point of 'too bad so sad' attitude toward them. But Slogan 38 is harsh in it's honesty, nothing good comes of loving hate.

3 comments:

  1. These slogans seem to dig up stuff I had long since buried and forgotten about, forcing me to be honest whether I want to or not. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree but pulling out of intoxicating relationships is for me not the same as loving hate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's referring to staying away from toxic people, but in finding delight when anything bad happens to those people.

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn