Tuesday, December 23, 2014

A Lifetime Of Life

Daily Draw: Wisdom of the Four Winds Oracle

Owls wait. All the while observing the total terrain around them. When prey saunters up the owl can instantly move...because it's 360 degree survey has already told it who what when where for the surroundings. This is akin to what we call instinct or intuition. Or mother's eyes in the back of her head. It doesn't just show up, it is made up of a lifetime of observations and experiences and training.

I'm reminded by this card, aging isn't all bad.
A lifetime of life is a treasure trove indeed.
And what's the alternative? Nope, not going there, not yet...

"Instinct is the nose of the mind." ~ Madame De Girardin 1804-1955

2 comments:

  1. And I think how I observe - through eyes of fear, resentment, or gratitude - has a lot to do with what I perceive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is beautiful, just as aging can make a person more beautiful and interesting. Sometimes I long for my younger years but only for my physical strength; nothing else :D

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn