Friday, January 16, 2015

Constantly Measuring

Daily Draw: Ananda Tarot ~ Ace of Swords

Howard Baker: What did the president know and when did he know it? A little blast from the past via Watergate. Having spent four years living with dementia in my father in law and mother, I've often pondered this question. Did they know? How early? What point is too late?

I'm reminded by this card and that past, I'm constantly measuring my own ability to remember, measuring my coping ability. My most recent shock. This January 1st I laid my annual year wheel spread. I couldn't read it. A few days ago I admitted it was a hopeless cause and took it apart and put the deck away. At what point does forgetfulness leave the purview of stress and depression and become dementia? Stay tuned, you may be watching a mental implosion.

"Their minds are buried alive and will come forth later in uglier ways." ~ Sigmund Freud 1856-1939

5 comments:

  1. Dear friend, I think you may be experiencing an emotional implosion that is affecting you mentally. You, I believe, have PTSD of a sort. Twelve cards is a lot to read and can be overwhelming. But you seem to be doing fine with one a day. If you forget what the cards ARE (tarot and oracle) and start trying to play bridge with them, then I would be worried. Please do go talk to someone, a therapist or counselor, who can walk with you through all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear (((Sharyn))) I think you are zillion miles and years away from this
    Forgetfulness is something everyone above 50 has to learn to cope with. I always carry a notebook with me :D
    Thanks for the spread: I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just thinking out loud. It is worrisome though, combined with other odd things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am curious if you could have read the cards if they were for someone other than yourself. Regardless, I still think you need to talk to someone. Antidepressants and MDs are fine for what they do physically, but I think there could be some emotional sifting to do. Please talk to someone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Bev Sharyn. No harm in trying to talk with a professional; You have been trough a lot
      Hugs

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn