Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Drill Down To Essential

Daily Draw: Ananda Tarot ~ 9 of Cups

Mandala. Sanskrit for complete or whole. An integrated structure organized around a unifying center. I thought it was something along the lines of Native American's dream catcher. Wrong.

I'm reminded by this card it is hard to know when we are whole or unified as we have a lifetime of words and actions blurring the essential core of who we are and what we really feel.
This has been very much on my mind this winter as I take inventory (9 of Wands), of the mental (9 of Swords), and the physical (9 of Coins). In most respects I've got the 9 of Cups right. One out of four. Could be worse...

The necessary has never been man's top priority. The passionate pursuit of the nonessential is one of the chief traits of human uniqueness." ~ Eric Hoffer 1902-1983

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn