Friday, January 9, 2015

Final Straw Last Nerve

Daily Draw: Oracle of the Dreamtime ~ Echidna

Echidna drank up all the water in retaliation for no one helping him when he asked. For his efforts he was turned into a spear cushion to let the water back out.

This is a card about selfish and sharing, community and family interactions, and the perceived insults and irritations that rub us the wrong way. I'm reminded by this card we've all been there, the final straw, the last nerve... we are human after all. I'm also reminded from December 14th card I still haven't chosen a way to serve my own community. I think I have a plan...

"Selfishness is the only real atheism;
unselfishness, the only real religion."
 Franklin D. Roosevelt  1882-1945

1 comment:

  1. My gosh, that's a fantastic quote! I struggle with wanting to serve but not wanting a 9 to 5 type of commitment. I've finally decided teaching people meditation and leading meditation groups is my way to serve, even though I may only touch a few people. (I'm still learning to share my time.)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn