Friday, January 23, 2015

Hardened Minds Hardened Hearts

Daily Draw: Ananda Tarot ~ Moon

Can you see the two connected figures on the Moon face? The implication being we are connected to all creatures whether we accept it or not. That we ourselves are a whole made up of both our conscious and unconscious perceptions.

I'm reminded by this card the older I get the less connection I feel to other humans. Our hardened minds and hearts have turned us into monsters who only get involved when something touches us on a personal level. Which is often a danger only imagined to begin with. Our evolutionary crab might rethink coming out of the primordial ooze. We are neither ready nor worthy of life.

"Silence is a lie that screams at the light." ~ Shannon L. Alder

1 comment:

  1. I've known people I thought were hard and crusty (even mean-spirited), then I found out about some act of kindness they did without expectation of return; it changed the way I saw them completely. Hopefully we humans all have a soft spot underneath our hard shells somewhere. My guess is that most of us keep it hidden.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn