Friday, January 2, 2015

Underneath, Glowing

Daily Draw: Shaman's Oracle ~ Dancer of Joy

This image shows joy with great abandon. I've not seen joy as that state. Flinging ourselves about and dancing until we drop is more a state of ecstasy, something quite temporary.

I'm reminded by this card, to me, joy is a nugget inside, always radiating, always warming, which is far different from happy. Happy is temporary. Joy is in for the long haul, and even when dimmed by pain or sorrow, is still there, underneath, glowing.

Joy, especially after a change of circumstances, is apt to be silent, and dwells rather in the heart than on the tongue.~ Henry Fielding 1707-1754

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes that inner glow of joy slips out in unexpected ways - a quick twirl or skip. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it is what has kept me from standing in front of a fast moving train the last few years....

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn