Saturday, February 14, 2015

Begin

Daily Draw: EartHeart Wisdom + Myth Magic Deck ~ Begin

Like the chicken and the egg query, is the fresh growth mostly digging into the earth for nutrients and stability, or do the roots only serve to promote the bud to the light.

I'm reminded by this card to begin anything new I need a stable base, otherwise I'd just tip over, overwhelmed.

There is stability in walking an uncertain path, because you never allow yourself to be misled by what you think you know." ~ A.J. Darkholme   Rise of the Morningstar

3 comments:

  1. I can remember how amazed I was by the fact that the rootsystem of a tree is just as large as its branches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not always. We get so much rain here our enormous Fir if allowed to grow can grow as high as 400 ft.
      They are usually logged though at about 275-300 ft. (70-80 meters?)
      Anyway, because they don't have to dig deep for moisture, if they fall over in a wind storm, their root system looks like a teacup saucer, extremely shallow.

      Delete
  2. So I guess not only the roots are important, but the soil the roots are in too.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn