Sunday, February 1, 2015

Clean Slate

Daily Draw: Enchanted Tarot ~ 5 of Swords

We watched Foyle's War DVD Russian House episode last night. Russian POW's who had fought for the Germans were being shipped back to Russia. Where word was, the returnees were being immediately executed. One chose to step off a bridge instead, there where it was peaceful, beautiful, and he had a choice.

This card reminds me, even though I'm no longer in that deepest darkest place, I thought the scene was absolutely pure; had I been beside him I would have jumped too, just for the joy of the fall. 5's are about evolution. Each day we have an opportunity to chose. Today I choose the light.

"Break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean" ~ John Muir 1838-1914

Enchanted Tarot, Published Eddison Sadd for St. Martin's Press 1990.
Art by Amy Zerner, Monte Farber There are a lot of good tarot books but this 184 page hardcover book is one of my favorites, each card is presented in full color full page. Opposite page gives the Dream (general card guide), the Awakening (potential meanings), and the Enchantment (exercise) Suits are given as Wands, Swords, Hearts, Pentacles.

4 comments:

  1. I love John Muir. Glad you've got your face tilted toward the light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I love my copy of Enchanted Tarot book. It is beautifully worn. I also agree with John Muir. We need to wash our spirits clean once in awhile. Feels good to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Powerful - I too choose the light.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn