Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Sigh

Daily Draw: EartHeart Wisdom + Myth & Magic Cards ~ Sigh

The songs that weave in and out of the trees.

We live on a knob 940 feet above sea level. We get wind, which often does more than sigh. I'm reminded by this card of the night wind in the forest of Douglas Fir on our property and the story of Heidi, who was first tormented by the noise, then came to to be comforted by it. Home has many sounds, the sighs and shrieks of wind in trees but one.

"Alone with myself
The trees bend to caress me
The shade hugs my heart" ~ Candy Polgar   Council of Entwives

2 comments:

  1. We have giant pines here; the soft swishing sound they make is comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the sounds of rustling leaves but nothing is more comforting for me than the soothing sounds of waves crashing on the beach.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn