Monday, February 23, 2015

Takes A Village

Daily Draw: Thoth Tarot ~ 3 of Cups

This card speaks of Persephone, Demeter, and Hades; the four months underworld and the return, accompanied by fertile spring. This Friday will mark five years of my own time in my own equivalent of a black underworld with fallow springs. I was no doubt close to the edge and only needed tipped to fall into the abyss of depression and it just happened the day of our 40th anniversary I got that push. Which sent me into a year of black rage. The second year I worked my way out of that rage, but into breast cancer, and yadayada through the rest of the hits that followed.

All that said, the upcoming anniversary is what triggered the (shocked) reminder of how long I've struggled with what some professionals label mental illness. In the last four months I have registered some improvement so perhaps what was once a 10 is now a 7. In this breaking spring, I too hope to realize fresh strong tendrils pulling me out of that black place and into the understanding arms of Persephone and Demeter. Bring it on...

"Demeter was the only one of the Greek goddesses who could truly empathize with the human experience of suffering and grief, having experienced it fully herself." ~

5 comments:

  1. Without a doubt I know what you have been going through and with you I am so grateful for every sign of improvement each day.
    I hope this anniversary will be special in very many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make like a sunflower and follow the sun. Sending a hug of encouragement...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you're able to provide a container for what you're going through. When I view my own situation through that lens it offers a sense of direction, a framework for experiences and emotions that can feel rather chaotic at times. Or maybe that just gives me an illusion of control...

    At any rate my Thoth deck and its cousins sit in the basket awaiting my focus. It feels like the kind of deck that will give me some sober yet fruitful guidance in areas where that feels needed. I'm glad to see it being represented here.

    And thanks for sharing yourself with your readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rose, "provide a container". I've not thought of it in that elegant fashion. I got in the habit, on my KalamaQuilts blog of posting (mostly) the good side of living away from home for three years while I cared for my FIL as he progressed through dementia. I have long since ended that blog, but the natural progression to writing through the anger and fear and pain that happened to follow that time was transferred to the tarot blog. I write for myself so am often surprised that anyone reads it.

      thank you again, Sharyn

      Delete
    2. We read your blog because we can relate to those feelings you share. That and you're a good wordsmith (with a dry wit). :D

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn