Saturday, February 28, 2015

The Dress

Daily Draw: Thoth Tarot ~ The Aeon

This card isn't the christianized Judgement card of the Rider-Waite card reader, but goes far beyond, when we learn something that deeply changes our perception.  Everywhere we stopped yesterday someone would hold up their phone and ask excitedly "what color is this dress?" I can see why it has become a sensation, because it makes us wonder what else do/did we see wrong or reversed or at odds with the world; while we trod along through life secure in the knowledge we are right and They are misguided idiots.

I'm reminded by this card what an amazing yank this exercise has been to those who stopped to think on it, to those of us that clearly saw white and gold, who would have been unshakable in that perception. What will surprise us today if we are open minded?

"Every man feels that perception gives him an invincible belief of the existence of that which he perceives; and that this belief is not the effect of reasoning, but the immediate consequence of perception." ~ Thomas Reid 1710-1796

2 comments:

  1. My husband was sure he saw black and blue, I was sure I saw white and gold. I told him no wonder humans can't agree on anything. But you're right: if we just realized what we saw as "perspective" instead of "truth" it would open a lot of minds and conversations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to let go when two daughters are discussing who is right and who is wrong. I don't give a sh*t but Still I hear about it too frequently
    And now here too LOL

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn