Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Essence

Daily Draw: EartHeart Wisdom and Myth  Magic Cards ~ Essence

Let your true self be a gift to you and a gift back to the universe.
I don't know anyone who doesn't admire Mother Teresa. But given the opportunity would we follow in her footsteps? Are we willing to make the opportunity? Because I doubt her calling came to her, she saw the need and went to it.

I'm reminded by this card very few of us are willing to devote 24/7 effort to a cause that is beyond our own doorstep. And Mother Teresa was often cranky and crotchety and I bet she didn't brook much nonsense from her charges. We need to seek the middle ground and do what we can with what we've got.

"Ask not 'How many good things have you done in your life?' rather ask, 'How much love did you put into what you did?” ~ Mother Teresa 1910-1997

2 comments:

  1. I've always thought bread baked with love tasted much better than bread baked by obligation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quote. honestly I am not much of a good doer. But when I decide to do good my hear is always in it

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn