Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Bubble Over

Daily Draw: Runes Blum/Gern ~ Fruchtbarkelt

Yesterday was get started moving, today is fertility, progress, and achievement, we are going in the best direction, well done us! I decided this winter to redirect my quilting passion. I don't need any more bed quilts, I have two stacks nearly waist high. So I'm doing 40X40 inch quilts to be hung across our loft banister.

I'm reminded by this card that simple decision has opened up a whole new area of quilt making, because hanging quilts are not sat upon or run through the washer or cuddled under on rainy afternoons. So I can think odd shapes, dimensional bits, fragile fabrics, processes that are fiddly or take forever in a large quilt. I don't bother with holidays any more, but seasonal quilts...now there is a broad palette for designs, think about winter solstice in icy fabrics! My mind and fingers bubble over, hurrah for a fresh morning and another fertile day.

"Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful." ~ Mark Victor Hansen 1979-

2 comments:

  1. How lovey this idea has given you so many new ways of exploring your passion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo... seasonal quilts sound wonderfully creative. I hope you'll post some photos as you go along.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn