Monday, March 9, 2015

Eye Contact

Daily Draw: Llewellyn Tarot ~ Knight of Cups

Via Ferguson's companion book I'd think of this Knight as "the person you'd most like to meet" in all the "when will I meet my soul mate" questions we get. Wow, what a guy...

I'm reminded by this card we live in a scary scary world. If I allowed the world news to color all my life I'd never leave the house. And what a personal loss that would be. I had some time to kill before the NW Tarot Symposium Saturday so I stopped at a fabric store. I petted the rolls of fake fur as I went by, looked up and there was a burly unkempt man doing the same. We looked at each other and laughed and I gave him a hug as I went by. I could have avoided eye contact and missed out on a hug and what a shame that would have been. Eye contact and a smile, that's my ticket away from fear.

 "We look at each other with shy relief. It's the look two odd socks give when they recognize each other in the wild." ~ Fiona Wood  Six Impossible Things

3 comments:

  1. Loved the fur-petting story! :D Envious of you getting to go to the tarot symposium, but hope you have lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just went to the vendor area, the price of the weekend was more than I was willing to pay.. If I read for others often I think it would have been well worth the expense. Lots of who-be folk there.

      Delete
  2. I loved the fur-petting story, also. That is such a lovely thought for today, Sharyn.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn