Friday, March 27, 2015

Gift Someone

Daily Draw: Runes Blum/Germ ~ Schutz

Algiz. Unwanted influences with support from unexpected places. In a busy life we are buffeted by influences all day long, not all in our best interest, particularly in ways reflected in our inside and outside health.

I'm reminded by this card a 'I don't know what else to say' something is  "keep up your spirits..."  Nothing wrong with that except it is no help at all. If we could don't you think we would? Sometimes there isn't any help and sometimes a smile from a stranger is what gets you through.
I grieve for the friends and family of the 150 people killed in the plane crash, deliberately crashed by a pilot suffering from the blackest depression.  I'm not there today, but the shadow is always close, and I run and run, hoping for that stranger's smile, to gift me that option of being just a tiny bit better for that day.

 "I could feel the tears brimming and sloshing in me like water in a glass that is unsteady and too full." ~ Sylvia Plath 1932-1963

2 comments:

  1. I know that shadow far too well Sharyn. It is said Algiz makes a wonderful charm for protection. If nothing else, maybe it could keep up our spirits :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it might make people even kinder and more compassionate if they were aware of how their smallest gestures can make such a difference.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn