Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Only The Young Die Good

Daily Draw: Llewellyn Tarot ~ Star

The life of Branwen is just too sad to tell this early in the morning but there are  many women who have walked in her footsteps through time.

I'm reminded by this card of the ludicrous 'only the good die young'. If they are young they haven't had time to make their good bad indifferent mark on the world yet. Perhaps better said, only the young die good? But what about the christian belief they are all born with and in sin? If there is no escaping why walk the high road at all?  Apparently I've hit one of my triggers...this Star stands for hope, escape, grace, and peace.

"Revolutions produce other men, not new men. Halfway between truth and endless error, the mold of the species is permanent. That is Earth's burden." ~ Barbara W. Tuchman 1912-1989  The First Salute

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the "only the young die good." I'd like to think we all are born with a spark of goodness in us, but we often choose to use another source to light our fires.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn