Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Small Chariots

Daily Draw: Llewellyn Tarot ~ Chariot

While mother and son were hanging frozen from the golden bowl for seven years, their spouses were left alone in a land devoid of people courtesy of the otherworld.

I'm reminded by this card of end of the world books. One of my favorites is Lucifer's Hammer by Larry Niven, which I think Kevin Costner's film The Postman was based on, Stephen King's The Stand, and M.K. Wren's A Gift Upon The Shore . In classic human behavior patterns good and bad are attracted to their kind and together get better and worse. Is there ever a victory chariot in these stories? Of course. Small Chariots, because each day dawns anew and we start rebuilding a world all over again.

"You can't survive the end of the world without first surviving the world we have now." ~ anonymous survival blog

1 comment:

  1. I see we both have galloping horses today. :) I like the idea of "small chariots."

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn