Saturday, March 7, 2015

Wax And Wane

Daily Draw: Pictish Oracle ~ Double Crescent

Waxing and waning. Funny how our interests do that. And some don't. Every day I get up wanting to work with needle and thread. I always look forward without fail to what thought my cards (or tile) will spark. I've been fascinated by all things Egypt for as long as I can remember but I've had three new books on Egypt on my nightstand for at least a year that I'm ignoring. Weird that.

I'm reminded by this tile we are but humans in a world where there are seemingly no limits on what we can know and do. So not surprising a few things will fall through the cracks and be supplanted by something else.

"The whole secret of life is to be interested in one thing profoundly and in a thousand things well." ~ Horace Walpole 1717-1797

2 comments:

  1. I often feel the need of taking a pause from an interest and coming back to it even more enthusiastic. Very much like waxing and waning or breathing and out. I haven't touched my art supplies in quit a while. but I am sure I will again soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose it's a good thing interests wax and wane, otherwise I could think of some interests that could become obsessions. :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn