Thursday, April 23, 2015

Broken Power

Daily Draw: Philosopher's Stone Oracle ~ Power

Power wielded without brain power
Power administered without compassion
Power held too long
Power plus advisors with their own agenda

We see all of the above in the outer world, but in our own small worlds we also hold critical power. I'm reminded by this card of all  the broken people who had the misfortune to be born into the wrong family, fell in love with the wrong person, picked friends badly...we all have the capacity to harm those closest to us. Far more damage can and does happen under our own roof than ever happens in the outside world.

"Most powerful is he who has himself in his own power." ~ Seneca 4 BC- 65 AD

5 comments:

  1. Power that one is too afraid to claim and use as one's own.
    I'm curious as to what you think of these cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them, but I'm glad I didn't have to pay today's prices for it. 40 cards are a bit of slim pickings for on-going use, say more than once a year. I only have a total of 54 decks now, so their rotation seems to come around pretty fast.
    I'm working on a personal oracle and oddly enough some of the art is much like this.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn