Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Bug Eyed

Daily Draw: Shining Tribe Tarot ~ 6 of Wands/Trees

Cheerful trees if somewhat abashed...have they have been yarn bombed? Actually their decoration comes from a cache of painted bones 5000 years old. A card of confidence, yet I see her marching blindly over new knowledge and taking no notice of the knowledge that is drifting away.

I'm reminded by this card we often live such closed lives we don't know what is going on next door, let alone the next street or town. This can be a good thing if there is healing to be done but to deliberately narrow our world is a form of self strangulation of the worst degree. I need to remember to look everywhere, and no tricks, the eyes need to be open when looking.

"Playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people don't see or know you."
 Marianne Williamson 1952-

2 comments:

  1. Holy moly, I've never heard of yarn bombing before. Does it hurt the tree to leave the yarn on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't a clue how long they are left on, it would rot off within a year I expect and being a flexible medium I doubt much harm could come to the trees. Outside of a bad case of embarrassment...

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn