Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Daily Dose Of Magic

Daily Draw: Shining Tribe Tarot ~ Knight of Coins/Knower of Stones

In this deck the Knights are the understanders of the suit. Is that enough? One side of my brain understands why boats float and the electric current that runs a freezer; but the other side of my brain, the stronger side still doesn't understand and sees the results as nothing short of magical.

This card reminds me of the minus side of being a scientist.
I'd love to be smart but, not to see the modern magic that surrounds us, how sad.
But to have the brain that understands, wouldn't that be totally amazing.
But to lose the sense of common magic, that would be almost criminal.
But to understand...
luckily it isn't a choice we have to make, our DNA and environment does it for us or we'd be spending our days looking behind the television for the actors.

"Reason is intelligence taking exercise. Imagination is intelligence with an erection." ~ Victor Hugo 1802-1885

2 comments:

  1. Great quote.Thank God we have a left and right brain which makes our life so full and complete
    I love your picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nature is one of those sciences I love but can still retain the magic even knowing they whys and hows. I can't imagine anyone not being impressed with the strange and wonderful stones, plants and animals on this earth.
    I LOVE the new picture. You look very relaxed, happy and lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn