Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Deficient Thinking

Daily Draw: Philosopher's Stone Oracle ~ Thinking

Look at all those thinks floating, around, in, out. I'm listening to The Dog Who Knew Too Much, a Chet and Bernie mystery, written from the dog's viewpoint. Not so many thinks there. And I've been sweating my neurological exam for dementia, far too many thinks in that direction.

I'm reminded by this card, like so many things in life, better out than in. By facing up to the fear, and actually seeking help, three doctors agree it isn't dementia, or age related, but a chronic critically low B-12 level, going clear back to 2007. Twinned to all the big stressors going back to 2008. How easy was that? Guess I won't be cashing in my Roth and buying a bucket load of wrist gleamers...Just sharing in case anyone has worrying missing thinks.

"He that reads and grows no wiser seldom suspects his own deficiency, but complains of hard words and obscure sentences, and asks why books are written which cannot be understood." ~  Samuel Johnson 1709-1784

7 comments:

  1. Well the B-12 diagnosis made my day. :) Good on you for having the courage to search for answers. I'm assuming shots or vitamin supplements will correct the problem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. B12 deficiency?? How on earth did you get this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ps and of course a big congrats on the other outcome. I am so happy for you. This must have been such a relief for you and Rob

    ReplyDelete
  4. we get B-12 from dark green, orange, red, yellow veggies mostly. I eat a ton of veggies, and fruit. 2 of the doctors I asked how can this be, and the response was some people just don't take it in/process it. I like learning new things, and am thrilled with the potentially simple correction. The Rx is for 1000 mg, with follow up blood test in 3 months. Thank you all for stopping by, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome news about the vitamin solution, happy dancing

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn