Monday, April 13, 2015

Fresh Vessel

Daily Draw: Shining Tribe Tarot ~ 9 of Cups/Rivers

Born as a cup of light, fairly soon we've kicked a hole in the container, eventually our cup is in shards. How to reverse the process? How do we, our toughest critic, create recovery and light out of the mad monkey mess in our minds and heart?

I'm reminded by this card and all the broken threads that run though my life that my cup is unmendable. I'm no longer willing to go the extra mile, to forgive by forgetting, to grovel and swallow my feelings and angers, paying the price with my precious light and peace. My solution, because life is short, is a new cup. Hey. Imagine the concept...start fresh, consciously refilling, with a loveliness of light and being.

"Your job today is to pass gas. You do that and we can start feeding you liquids. No fart, no food." ~ Khaled Hosseini 1965-  The Kite Runner

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha so simple and yet such a great idea! Do you have any idea where to find new cups???

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is what I love about each day, a fresh start, new years day everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've gone so far as to pick three cups.
    A dainty delicate bone china tea cup that belonged to my grandmother for fragile days..
    A Sturdy blue willow mug that will stand up to anything for those days that might wish to cut us asunder.
    A brown no nonsense Corelle cup for the 'tween days...If I get them all filled with light I may need a tether...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn