Monday, April 6, 2015

It's Complicated

Daily Draw: Shining Tribe Tarot ~ Knower of Rivers/Knight of Cups

Someone with an imagination or understanding of basic symbology could pick up this deck and tell fortunes. To me, tarot is so far from that use as to be like night and day, the one thing that links is yes it is a deck of cards. That said, Rachel Pollack has taken the general card definitions far beyond the basic, and what are customarily the stiff sixteen courts become four little mini-myths (procession noted bottom of yesterdays post).

All that said to say, at this stage of the mini-myth the Knower has gained/earned the understanding of the suit of Rivers and exited or outgrown the cave of Learning.  Knowledge now proceeds to practical application as we see in this image. How  many times have I reinvented the wheel or got knocked back to the remedial class in the school of hard knocks? A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is also bait, urging us on, to look beyond our own blinders and finally walk the path of Knowing.

"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

2 comments:

  1. I like this deck but it is a difficult one to read for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post reminded me of the phrase "You can't step into the same river twice." If I could hold on to that bit of wisdom, I would see just how much flux is in the knowledge I love so dearly. :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn